Oddmall: Rubber City Rumpus at a glance
- WHAT: The most unusual outdoor celebration of art, crafts, and everything geeky, odd, unique, and wonderful anywhere in the universe.*
- WHEN: September 15-16, 2018.
- WHEN WHEN: Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 11am-5pm
- WHERE: Derby Downs – 789 Derby Downs – Akron, Ohio 44306
- HOW MUCH: Admission is totally free, although your donations are greatly appreciated.
- HOW: Drive, walk, take the bus, fly on some sort of dragon or hot air balloon, swim (probably not). You can even ride a soapbox derby car (for real)!
- HUH: Vendor information can be found here.
- WHY: So, so many reasons.
Oddmall is part art fair, part craft show, part comic con, part gaming festival, part cosplay extravaganza, part toy show, part antique show, part vintage fashion show, part geeksplosion, part music fest, part magic show, and part various undefinable othernesses. If it’s fun, artsy, geeky, crafty or odd, chances are it can be found at Oddmall. It’s the Emporium of the Weird.
Oddmall is founded on several core tenets:
1. Nobody will be turned away because they can’t afford to get in. Sure, we encourage visitors to toss a few clams ($5 is the suggested amount) in the coffers so we can keep it that way, but if you don’t have five bucks it’s all good. The donations help us to cover costs and make sure as many people as possible are able to attend!
2. Oddmall is open to everyone (except people who infringe upon anybody else’s right to be who they are). At Oddmall there’s no judging people for the things they enjoy. If you like to dress up like a giant action figure and have your picture taken with strangers GO FOR IT! If you dig making life-sized models of your pet cat out of old socks, do your THANG! Are you a collector of unusual art? Is your other car a TARDIS? Do you know Bruce Wayne’s middle name? Do people call you weird, strange, bizarre, nerdy, geeky, artsy-fartsy, or Gertrude? If so, Oddmall is the place for you. ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
The Oddmall Art and Craft Fair
Oddmall is more than just an ordinary craft show. It’s a celebration of uniqueness, creativity, imagination, and wonder where artists, crafters, and like-minded sorts gather to offer their unusual creations for public consumption. It’s a forum for creative expression, a classroom for esoteric wisdom, a soapbox for wild ideas, a miraculous marketplace of the unconventional, a metaphorical Serengetian watering hole where the zebras and wildebeests of inspiration and artistry congregate amidst the snapping crocodiles and scorching sunbeams of originality and ingenuity. …umm yeah. Anyway, it’ll be fun. Trust me.
The Oddmall Comic, Game, & Toy Exhibition
(The Geek Exposition)
It’s an overflowing cornucopia of raw, burning geekiness! This amazing combobulation of toys, games, comics, books, and all things fun and geeky is a HUGE part of Oddmall. There will be special guests, superheroes, a costume contest, dozens of vendors, and all sorts of other snazzy jazz. At Rubber City Rumpus the Geek Exposition and the Art Show are best friends, sharing the same space.
Oddmall: Rubber City Rumpus does its groove than at:
789 Derby Downs, Akron OH 44306
Want directions? Click here.
Oddmall: Rubber City Rumpus is:
September 15, 2017 from 10am-6pm
September 16, 2017 from 11am-5pm
Vendor Setup: September 15 from 2pm-10pm and September 16 from 6am-10am (tentative).
Where else can you find such an eclectic fecundity of oddness? Oddmall shows typically attract thousands of visitors and hundreds of vendors. If you can’t find it at Oddmall it doesn’t exist. Well, to clarify, it probably does exist – just not at Oddmall.
Demos and Hands-on Activities
Many of Oddmall’s vendors and artists will be onhand to host demonstrations of their unique creations. Who knows, you might just learn something and have fun doing it.
Oddmall presents a variety of performers for your edification and enjoyment. Check out this page for a current list of what’s up with what’s going down and so forth.
Several amazing guests, from comic and game writers and illustrators to television and film celebrities, will be in attendance. Nab yourself an autograph or three or just shoot the beans for a bit. We’re still compiling the invites, but you can click on over to this page for a current guest list.
Featuring geeking, unique, interesting cars and vehicles of all types – even classic cars! (More details coming soon!)
Did I mention it’s FREE? That means lots of traffic if you’re a vendor and extra cash in your wallet if you’re a shopper.
Oddmall is open to absolutely everyone. It’s the perfect place to nab a gift for everyone you’ve ever known and indulge all your other shopping dreams.
We are looking for various performers to entertain the masses at Oddmall. If you are a musician, magician, juggler, dancer, balloon animal maker, or any other unusual performer and you’d like to strut your stuff at Oddmall please contact Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vendors, Crafters, and Artists
As a celebration of the unusual, Oddmall strives to showcase arts, crafts, and products that are a bit different from what you’d find at your local country craft fair. Anything weird, freaky, bizarre, off the cob, or just plain different is welcome fodder. We’re talking jewelry, art originals and prints, t shirts, stuffed animals, clothing, games and toys, home decorating jazz, holiday ornaments and just about anything else you might think of. If it’s creative, unusual, and you made it it’s welcome at Oddmall (as long as it passes the jurying process, see below). Adult themed material is allowed but must be clearly marked as such and hidden from the eyes of passing children and the faint of constitution.
Also of great interest is the Oddmall Comic and Toy Expo. Here’s a fantastic realm of vendors peddling all sorts of comics, games, toys, model railroads, books, costumes, geeky jazz, educational and scientific material, models, hobbies, and assorted othernesses.
We just went over this, but Oddmall will indeed have some pretty sweet special guests. You’ll see…
Oddmall is going to be a pretty huge show. As such, it takes a pretty sizable team to get things moving smoothly. If you are interested in being part of the Oddmall Awesome Squad (volunteer team) please follow this link for more information.
Oddmall is presented by the good folks of Mutha Oith Creations, the same peeps who bring you Con on the Cob, Low Life, and an assortment of super awesome games, arts, and othernesses. Hi, I’m Andy. I sort of run this thing. Krystal is my superheroic assistant and the main contact for the Oddmall website. Greg does stuff too. Find out more about the Oddmall staff right here.
1700 Steese Road
Uniontown, Ohio 44685
Oddmall has many opportunities for advertising partners and sponsors. Please mosey on over to the Partners & Sponsors page for more information. We’d love to work with you (unless you’re evil).
We love press! In fact, we have a whole page dedicated to it. That’s the place to find press releases, contact information, and other media related jazz.
Flyers, Banners, etc…
To help spread the word in your community, please download and print the Oddmall promotional flyers hosted on the Free Downloads page and post them abundantly.